Who We Are
Clothing The Homeless is a registered charitable organization through The Journey Christian Church, in Irvine, California. We serve the homeless population in Orange County through a mobile clothing distribution system. We are volunteers from many faiths and backgrounds, dedicated to helping those that are in need of a helping hand and heart. Every person involved is a volunteer and all donations go directly to help the homeless.
Our goal is to meet the needs of homeless men and women with clothing and necessities for life on the streets while enduring different seasons and weather. Most other clothing events require vouchers and are a bus ride or more away from the recipient’s location, making it challenging for them to receive clothing. We partner with organizations that help the homeless. Some provide food, others provide medicine; we provide clothing.
What We Do
We serve approximately 150 people in a month, amounting to over 1,200 items of clothing. To prepare for distributions, we collect, wash, sort, and mark sizes on every article. All donations are kept organized in a storage facility. We distribute clothes and other necessities directly to the homeless in Costa Mesa and Santa Ana twice a month.
- We believe in the dignity and equality of all people.
- We treat the less fortunate as objects of God’s love, mercy and grace who deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe people should perform compassionate acts without ulterior motives; compassion is an expression of God’s care and love for hungry, homeless and hurting people.
- We believe our volunteers are vital to accomplish our mandates.
- We believe that contributions of other ministries, organizations, and businesses, both Christian and non-Christian, will help us alleviate the hardships of homelessness and poverty.